- This event has passed.
Free March Break Events & Activities
March 11, 2023 @ 2:00 pm – March 17, 2023 @ 12:00 pm
In a partnership between The Charles W. Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts, the Parry Sound Public Library, and the Bobby Orr Community Centre, all three locations will be giving out ballots to all attendees to fill out to be drawn to win a prize basket at the end of the March Break – you get one entry with each free event you attend at each of the three facilities!
At The Charles W. Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts (2 Bay Street, Parry Sound), all events are free!:
- Saturday March 11th at 2pm: Free Family Film – Fireheart
- We’ll be joined by members of the Parry Sound Fire Department following the film!
- Set in New York in 1930, the film centers on Georgia Nolan, a 16-year-old girl who hopes to become the world’s first female firefighter despite being told as a child by her ex-firefighter father Shawn that women are not allowed to. Shawn is requested by the mayor of New York to come out of retirement to head up a young team of firefighters to combat a serial arsonist, who uses purple gas to hypnotize others and has resulted in the disappearances of other firefighters. Wishing to help, Georgia disguises herself as a man named Joe and joins the team.
- Monday March 13th from 12pm to 3pm: Zoo To You
- Zoo To You is a traveling educational event that is designed to both educate and entertain all ages and audiences. They provide a hands on interactive event with such animals as reptiles, mammals and exotics. Their animals are well socialized, tame, friendly and handled on a daily basis. They offer the opportunity to see, hold, interact with the animals while learning fun facts about them!
- Tuesday March 14th from 12:30pm to 2:30pm: Goats from Sky River Meadows
- Sky River Meadows was founded in 2009 and is the home of the Sky River therapeutic herd of Nigerian Dwarf Goats. This March Break they’ll be brining a group of goats to visit us at The Stockey Centre!
- Wednesday March 15th from 1pm to 2:30pm: Long and McQuade Instrument Petting Zoo
- Instead of goats and rabbits, the Long and McQuade Instrument Petting Zoo includes instruments such as horns, trumpets, drums and guitars. With professional supervision, aspiring musicians children will love this fully interactive, hands-on program! No experience necessary.
- Thursday March 16th from 10am to 5pm, with a special science show at 1pm: Science North
- Join us in our lobby for a Creative Coding Exhibit brought to us by Science North. At 1pm, join us in the performance hall for the “Food and Flames” Science Show!
- Friday March 17th from 10am to 12pm: Bobby Orr Hall of Fame Activities!
- Join us in our lobby for some fun activities lead by Bobby Orr Hall of Fame staff! While the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame itself is closed for renovations, we’re certainly excited for this day of fun!
At The Parry Sound Public Library (29 Mary Street, Parry Sound):
- Friday, March 10th at 1 to 2 pm
- Gelli Print Making w/ Rola! Ages: Teens *Registration Required*
- Saturday, March 11th at 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
- DIY Craft Table in the Children’s Department
- Tuesday, March 14th at 11 am to 12 Noon
- Marble Run Fun! STEAM Activity All Ages
- Wednesday, March 15th at 12 Noon
- Georgian Bay Biosphere Reserve: ‘If Teeth Could Talk’ Ages: 4 – 12 yrs.
- Thursday, March 16th at 11 am to 12 Noon
- Sock Puppets Ages: 2-12 yrs. *Registration Required*
- Friday, March 17th at 11 am
- Author Visit: Pamela Moorhouse (Get Your Free Book!) Ages: 6 – 12 yrs.
- Saturday, March 18th at 12 Noon to 1:30 pm
- Family Game Day! (Free Pizza!) All Ages *Registration Required*
At the Bobby Orr Community Centre (7 Mary Street, Parry Sound):
- Free Public Skating (regular public skating rules apply, CSA approved helmets strongly recommended):
- Monday March 13th from 1:30pm to 2:30pm
- Tuesday March 14th from 10:30am to 11:30am
- Wednesday March 15th from 10:30am to 11:30am
- Thursday March 16th from 10:30am to 11:30am
- Friday March 17th from 1:30pm to 2:30pm